Tuesday 9 November 2010

IF YOU SEE HER – CONTACT THE POLICE!

Jackie.BuyherUntil a half-hour ago, I had never heard of, let alone seen a photograph of this lovely young girl. But my heart missed a beat when I saw it and then read the accompanying message on Facebook.

So, although I am never likely to talk with, let alone meet her mother, Rachel, I’m reposting the appeal in the hope that someone who knows Jackie Buyher will see her and ask her to contact Rachel, who begged: 

“PLEASE CROSSPOST...URGENT! My daughter, Jackie Buyher, has been missing from the... northwest side of Evansville, Indiana, USA since Wednesday, November 03.  She is 16 years old, about 5' 6" tall, sandy brown hair (straight, shoulder length), hazel eyes, and weighs approximately 120 lbs. Friends that I am in contact with, as well as school officials, have not seen her since that day. A missing person's report has been filed with the Evansville Police Dept., and recently has expanded to a nation-wide alert. If anyone has seen her, or think they may know her whereabouts, please dial 911 and report any information you may have to the Evansville Police Department.

Why should I react like this? Well, I am human and what’s more I’m meeting young adults like Jackie every week at a school in Karmiel, Israel.

All have so much to offer and life has much to give them in return but at their age we all think we’re immortal. It just ain’t so! Meanwhile, let’s hope that this story has a happy ending. I’ll let you know.

msniw

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its sad to say but I doubt she will be found alive.16 year old girl missing a week chances are not good. Lets hope she just ran away!

Anonymous said...

http://www.helloevansville.com/crime.cfm

Anonymous said...

This child has been found and returned home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Today - "Rachel Kunes Buyher PLEASE CROSSPOST!.......JACKIE BUYHER HAS BEEN FOUND AND IS SAFE....WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW GRATEFUL I AM TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR COMPASSION AND SUPPORT....SO RELIEVED TO KNOW SHE'S OK, AND THAT... THE WORLD IS STILL BLESSED WITH GENUINELY GOOD PEOPLE. HOPE YOU FIND PEACE IN KNOWING YOU MAY HAVE SAVED A LIFE. AGAIN, FROM MY HEART....THANK YOU."

Natalie Wood said...

What a relief! As I wrote on Facebook earlier today, social networking, like the Internet itself, is a superb tool if it's used to good effect as it has been today. Let's hope that as I write, Jackie is feeling warm, safe and cherished by her mother and sister - Natalie Wood.

Comic Bill Brumbach said...

This is a total scam. First of all, there's no mention of the abduction in the Evansville newspaper. Second of all, there was no amber alert issued in Indiana for Jackie. Lastly, there is no information posted on the national center for missing children's website which has up to date info on missing children. I just wonder why Internet scammers have to do stuff like this and tug on peoples heart strings.

Oh and one more thing, children who are abducted and found 6 days later are rarely returned alive and well.

Anonymous said...

I find myself doubting that this is a legitament cry for help. I have been researching and investigating this case, and there is little to no proof that either one of these women exist. Jackie, does not have an active facebook acount, and neither does her so called "sister" Christina Buyher, that is supposed to be 18 years old. Rachel Kunes Buyher, DOES have a facebook account, but it is rarely used, and when it IS used (which I found was about once or twice ever 3 months) Rachel spends her time talking to people she has clearly never met before. If my acusations are correct, and this is just some hoax, whoever set this up obviously knew what they were doing from the start. This was a four month scam in the making. I will pray for the Buyher family, but in my mind I still believe that this was nothing but a trick to get a precious 15 minutes in fame...

Natalie Wood said...

I'm unsure whether I should become further embroiled with this story. I will point out though, that there was no suggestion in the original post from 'Rachel' that Jackie had been abducted, just that she'd disappeared. Further, at the age of 16 she's no longer a child and certainly in the U.K. (where I'm from originally) she could marry with her parents' permission. If I and many other Facebook users have been hoaxed, that's terrible - but I've lost nothing except a little credibility and a load of patience! Maybe Rachel will explain?N.I.W.

Follow Me on Pinterest