Saturday 1 May 2010

Pay Attention, DO!

Does the 'Perfectly Write' blog series suffer from 'attention deficit hyperactivity disorder'?

Does it come from the same school of jungle-jumbled thought as

http://tycoonblogger.com/blogging-tips/does-your-blog-suffer-from-adhd

Ha! If their author is any guide, the answer is a resounding 'yes'. I have the concentration span of a gnat.

If I'm at Hebrew class, I'm devising my next post. When I'm writing, I ache to start mugging up on the Hebrew.

When I'm cooking I want to start reading or writing. When I'm in bed and - too often - can't sleep  - I'm desperate to get up and log on to Facebook or see if someone's decided to read me here. Hey, I may even make myself a cup of tea and look up a recipe to use later in the day!

Read what's happened so far this  sunny Saturday 01 May:

I ate breakfast, showered and dressed - but not before clearing the table and sweeping the floor several times. I simply loathe the crumbs and dust  shown to their full  ugly extent on Mediterranean tiled floors.

I was going to throw together some lunch before I started writing but got pulled away to help my other half to install online TV facilities on his computer.

After a dozen  increasingly angry failures we gave up and decided that Expat Surfer TV (https://www.expatsurfer.co.uk/) is a huge disappointment.

We can't understand:

  • Why I installed the system easily on my own machine last night but why it had disappeared by this morning and I had to reinstall it.
  • Why it can't be installed on my husband's machine.
  • As it's advertised at £5.00 per month - which we have paid - there's an unspecified  further package offered at £6.99.
  • What's more, we had first read that remote technical assistance was £15.00 - suddenly it's become £35.00 ... curiouser and curiouser ...

But I digress ... (see what I mean?) ...

After all: There's tomorrow's shopping list to write. I'm in desperate need of a snazzy hair do ... I fancy going out for a drink tonight ...

Gosh I'm so busy, it'll be time for another sleepless night before I'm through.

 

 

msniw

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering, and hope it doesn't keep you awake all night, do you get more people from the news or from your blog(s)? I'm from the News. Thanks

Rev.D said...

The "times we live!! So much is pulling at us as those that are follower of God. The Holy Spirit is trying to move us in the direction reaching those we come in contact with. A final push to reach those that are hurting and not knowing where to turn

Natalie Wood said...

Hi Anonymous

I like to think it's a good mix of both. Thanks for your interest. Much appreciated. Natalie

Follow Me on Pinterest