About Me

My photo

I moved from dank, dark North Manchester, U.K. to Karmiel, Western Galilee, Israel in March 2010. It is, believe me, one of the sunniest, loveliest towns on earth. With a background in local Jewish journalism I continue to write freelance. I manage several blogs, have  appeared on Technorati and Blogcritics and now contribute to the online magazine, 'Live Encounters'. My main blog is Alwayswriteagain (http://wwwalwayswriteagain.blogspot.com

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Pay Attention, DO!

Does the 'Perfectly Write' blog series suffer from 'attention deficit hyperactivity disorder'?

Does it come from the same school of jungle-jumbled thought as

http://tycoonblogger.com/blogging-tips/does-your-blog-suffer-from-adhd

Ha! If their author is any guide, the answer is a resounding 'yes'. I have the concentration span of a gnat.

If I'm at Hebrew class, I'm devising my next post. When I'm writing, I ache to start mugging up on the Hebrew.

When I'm cooking I want to start reading or writing. When I'm in bed and - too often - can't sleep  - I'm desperate to get up and log on to Facebook or see if someone's decided to read me here. Hey, I may even make myself a cup of tea and look up a recipe to use later in the day!

Read what's happened so far this  sunny Saturday 01 May:

I ate breakfast, showered and dressed - but not before clearing the table and sweeping the floor several times. I simply loathe the crumbs and dust  shown to their full  ugly extent on Mediterranean tiled floors.

I was going to throw together some lunch before I started writing but got pulled away to help my other half to install online TV facilities on his computer.

After a dozen  increasingly angry failures we gave up and decided that Expat Surfer TV (https://www.expatsurfer.co.uk/) is a huge disappointment.

We can't understand:

  • Why I installed the system easily on my own machine last night but why it had disappeared by this morning and I had to reinstall it.
  • Why it can't be installed on my husband's machine.
  • As it's advertised at £5.00 per month - which we have paid - there's an unspecified  further package offered at £6.99.
  • What's more, we had first read that remote technical assistance was £15.00 - suddenly it's become £35.00 ... curiouser and curiouser ...

But I digress ... (see what I mean?) ...

After all: There's tomorrow's shopping list to write. I'm in desperate need of a snazzy hair do ... I fancy going out for a drink tonight ...

Gosh I'm so busy, it'll be time for another sleepless night before I'm through.

 

 

msniw

Post a Comment